This course is open to members
So many people feel confident they have a book to write and are called to share the story God has written in their lives. They feel called and inspired to get their message of hope and purpose out to the world in print. But the publishing industry is a complicated beast to take on, often making that dream feel overwhelming or even impossible. It’s hard to know where to begin, how to prepare and how to get your book idea in front of publishers and agents in a way that will pique their interest and help your book go from just an “idea” to a product in book stores. This course is a must-watch for any serious writer wanting to be published. Tracie Miles, Director of COMPEL, speaker and author, and Suzie Eller, Community Coordinator at COMPEL and speaker and author as well, will teach you everything you need to know to begin your publishing journey with confidence and readiness. From the four lessons in this course, you will learn:
- How to craft a one sheet (one-page book proposal) to present to publishers and agents
- How to write a powerful book proposal and every element of information that needs to be included
- How to prepare for a writers conference and confidently meet with publishers and agents to pitch your book idea
- How to make the best use of The Christian Writers Market Guide for publishing, whether you want to write trade books, devotionals or freelance articles
- How to pitch your book idea and land a book contract
Get Started Now
Included in Membership
4 Steps to Getting Your Book Idea Published, Section 1
How to Develop a Solid Book Proposal
1 of 4
In this lesson, Tracie Miles teaches how to write a solid book proposal that will provide everything a publisher needs to know in such a way that gets them excited and intrigued about your book idea.
How to Create a One Sheet that Sells Your Book Idea
2 of 4
In this lesson, Tracie explains more about the value and use of one sheets, shares five steps on how to prepare yourself to begin writing and designing your one sheet and outlines the nine elements of content that a one sheet should include to help pitch and sell your book idea well.
Using the Writer’s Market Guide
3 of 4
In this training, Suzie Eller shows you how to study the book section of your market guide. She breaks down the information so that you can not only understand it but use it to your advantage.